Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Willy-amazing suprise!



Elder Thomas had let us know that there was a sister from his ward that would be coming to Utah to visit and then would be happy to stop on her way through town to pick up a package for him if we wanted to send something to him. Of course I was thrilled, so I put his birthday stuff together, and his Thanksgiving stuff together and I did a small tree (pre lit and with decorations), did a binder with a story a day until Christmas, then the 12 days of Christmas for him. Then added his winter items that he needed. Needless to say, we sent him a suitcase! Rhubin met the sister tonight and his suitcase of gifts were on their way.....(so glad I did not have to pay postage--so grateful for this sister) Then as we were headed to Salmon, I got a strange number on my cell phone, I answered and this sweet sister asked if I was Sister Thomas, my heart sunk and I said yes. She said I am from Elder Thomas ward and he has sent a box to the family, we are in Idaho Falls. I said crazy as it sounds, I am about 20 minutes from Idaho Falls. We met at the Albertsons in Idaho Falls and got a box from Willy. I was so full of emotion. He sent us each letters and a letter for his grandparents, he also sent some candy and bowl he had made for us. I asked if I could give them a hug. Of course they were ok with that. I am so grateful! They let me know what a good missionary he is and that he has a great knowledge of automotive. He has helped out with lots of things. This mom is still trying to adjust to "Elder Thomas" instead of Willy. Thanks for the sweet members in his ward that were so kind to help us with packages!!! Thanks son for making our day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment